Rastriya Samachar Samiti, The Himalayan Times | February 2, 2020
CHITWAN: Three rhinoceros have died after consumption of poisonous food in the past month in Chitwan National Park (CNP).
Preliminary report shows that a rhino, which was found dead last Saturday at Seheri, East Nawalparasi, had consumed toxic food.
According to CNP senior veterinary doctor, Dr Bijay Shrestha, a rhino died at Tamaspur area last week, which was preceded by another death at Ganjipur area a month ago.
‘Mustard substances’ were found in the stomach of all three rhinos and it is estimated that they might have died after eating poisonous mustard seeds and plants, he further shared.